It is currently Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:48 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Decorah Eagles 2019
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:48 pm 

I can't help but think of Lori as I watch Mom Decorah tonight. She introduced me to this eagle cam years ago, and we would text each other if we thought it was egg time, or pip time. Not having her around makes watching the eagle cam bittersweet this year. I'm sure she has a great view from where she is though!

Mom Decorah has a new mate this year, who they are calling DM2. I haven't seen much of them on the nest until tonight but I suspect he is quite a bit younger than Mom - I swear I've seen her give him the "Seriously?" look a couple times when he plopped down in the center of the nest. :redrole:

I've seen some nestorations tonight by both, then DM2 left her alone at the nest. She didn't settle down into the nest, just stood still for a bit, moved to another place a couple times then flew to the branch. I have a feeling egg #1 may be coming soon as she looks a bit uncomfortable. I hope DM2 proves to be as good a mate and dad as the original Dad Decorah.

Post subject: Re: Decorah Eagles 2019
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:55 pm 

And we have the first egg! I was asleep when it happened, at 10:32 CST according to RRP. Yay for Mom and DM2!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:08 am 

At Decorah North, they had their first egg the night before. He has a new mate this year too. I'm not sure what happened to Mrs. North. I hope they have better luck this year than last when they lost two sets of eggs.
I'm missing Lori this year too, Legolas.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:52 pm 

Egg no. 2 arrived Tuesday 2/26 at 6:44 pm CDT. I was traveling so I missed it. :-| If she keeps to her schedule of the past 8 yrs or so #3 should arrive on Saturday.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:29 pm 

And egg no. 3 arrived tonight right on schedule. Good to know Mom is still as regular as ever! :lol: